The McDonald’s HACER® National Scholarship Program is now closed.
The application period for the 2019-2020 program will open in the fall.
Are you eligible?
Check out the requirements below to see if the scholarship is right for you:
* You’re a high school senior
* You’re a legal U.S. resident
* You’re younger than 21 years old
* You carry a minimum 3.0 GPA
* You’re eligible to attend a two- or four‑year college or university with a full-time course of study
* You’ll disclose other scholarship programs that you’ve applied for
* You’ll enroll and attend an accredited institution in the academic year after your selection (verification needed, as scholarship funds are paid directly to the schools)
* You have at least one parent of Hispanic heritage
How are scholarship winners selected?
The scholarship recipients are selected based on:
* Academic achievement
* Financial need
* Community involvement
* Personal qualities and strengths as portrayed in a personal interview, either in‑person or by phone
What materials and documents are needed?
No essay is needed. The only other requirements are these documents:
* Personal statement
* Letter of recommendation to be submitted online
* List of community service projects
* FAFSA report and/or 1040s